Monday, July 03, 2006

My weekend

Well, I got my camera working again. Such a silly thing really. Friends stopped by yesterday and I was telling them about the problem I was having with the camera. It telling me the batteries I was putting in were no good. So they suggested I try a couple of the re-chargeable ones that they use. One of them went back to their house and brought back two, put them in the camera and Yay, the camera worked fine. Guess who is buying a battery charger and batteries this week. In the afternoon I was going about taking pictures of all and sundry. It was great! What a feeling of satisfaction to have the camera working again. My brother stopped by on Saturday for a short visit. It was so good to see him. He is so witty and funny. We had a great time and caught up on a lot of things. We had a great meal, Asparagus pastry, pakoras, large veggie salad and stuffing, plus I might add, two bottles of wine. The day was perfect, warm and sunny. I was sad to see him go but so happy I did get to see him. He brought with him an old school chum who he has been friends with since they started school and that was a long time ago. Today the sky is black with cloud but I'm not complaining as the gardens need a good soaking. Everything is growing well and it all looks very pretty. The Blue Jays have been here with their young. Such a racket at times and the young on the tree branches shivering their wings in anticipation of the food the parents are taking from the feeders. Ah, isn't life grand!

5 comments:

Boo said...

OC, don't start me on problems with batteries! If they are working, I put them in the wrong way round etc.....

I always work it out in the end but boy do I feel a fool!

oldcrow61 said...

Ha, ha, I know the feeling.

nicola said...

Aw sounds like a lovely day.....I go through no end of batteries here, forever swapping them about to get the last bit out of them....perhaps I need a recharger too

oldcrow61 said...

I'm told, in the long run you save money. Hope so.

Boo said...

Definitely OC, I have bought quite a few rechargeables and my first eight lasted over 8 months, @ 3.99 for 4 that means 7.98 for eight months, plus the charging, excellent value. Try to buy the highest rating, this means that they can be charged more times than the lower rating.