Monday, August 16, 2010

The Colour Orange and New Flutter.

















Earlier in the season I thought there was a lack of bees but now the garden is humming.




It's been the best year yet for Nasturtiums. I'm hoping next summer it will be the same as I'm planning on getting a lot more. They are very tasty as well.


This is a new butterfly to the garden. I think it's a Milbert's Tortoiseshell. Please correct me if I'm wrong.




This one.....I don't know what it is. It does have some distinctive markings.

6 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Nasty Urchins (as I call them) are a favourite flower of mine - I love the way they tumble their fabulous colours over a vegetable patch in early summer...

Sondra said...

Love your photos today, that butterfly has such rich color!! Have never seen that one before. I agree the Nasturtiums also have great color--Glad you have some bees I dont see near as many as we used to get--
Happy Gardening.

Cicero Sings said...

Nasturtiums ARE very tasty as well as pretty. I forgot to plant some this year -- will need to remedy that next year.

It is so dry here this year that the wild flowers have bloomed and gone to seed almost simultaneously. The pollinators did pick up here too, after a slow start.

Tricia Ryder said...

Just catching up now I'm home. Lovely colours and beauties of bees. Great captures OC :D

I think it might be a moth on the Sea Holly?

The Quacks of Life said...

ah colour!

Anonymous said...

Orange is one of my favourite colours. Those nasturtiums are beautiful and so are their winged visitors.