Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Spring has Arrived.

The good news, himself should be released from hospital by the end of this month.  It will soon be three months since he was admitted.  He's made great progress this past couple of weeks.  The medical staff are all pleased.    Of course it will take some time before he's completely up to par but things are looking good.  

Spring has arrived and the plants are now poking their heads above ground.   I've been so busy that at the end of the day I'm beat.  I finally got to re do the greenhouse with plastic.  I took advantage of one day last week when there wasn't much wind.   Fingers crossed that the cats don't decide to jump on the roof of it and go down through.   Today, weather permitting, I'll stain the floor of the deck and then paint the railings.   We have clean up week on the 20th, so I'll have to start hauling things down to the road that I want to get rid of.   The hot water tank burned up a couple of weeks ago.  I had gotten up in the morning and smelled something like burning plastic.  Following my nose, I found where it was coming from.   Fortunately for me I have friends who didn't hesitate to take me to get a new one, take the old one out and install the new one.   I'm very lucky.  The few friends that I've got have been more than generous with their time especially since himself has been away. 

The birds are very active these days.  A couple of Robins were here last week.



Chick a dee with wind blown head feathers and the look of surprise on his face.   haha.  So cute.


I spotted a grouse in the garden a couple of days ago.  He was here all afternoon.  


And, squirrels in the garden.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely, uplifting post. All positive signs for you, I am so pleased.

Enjoy the Spring.

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks Toffee apple, I do feel in a good way these days.

Alison said...

That's wonderful news about your partner. And though friends may be few, I'm do glad you can rely on those you have, especially now when you could use the support.

Ali

The Quacks of Life said...

woo hoo! great about the Viking

Victoria said...

OC, what great news about Himself! And, I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends.

That little Chickadee is just adorable, as is the little squirrel.

So happy spring is finally there for you...

Blessings,

Victoria

ShySongbird said...

So pleased 'himself' has progressed well and that he should be home soon. Coincidentally. I came over to check yesterday (or may have been the day before) as I was a bit worried my sidebar hadn't updated, so was concerned as to how he was doing after all this time. He really has had a time of it and so have you of course, wishing you both all the very best.

Love the pics of the Robin and the cheeky squirrels.

Cicero Sings said...

Lovely to have friends like that who step in, in a time of need. It happened for me when my freezer died. Still thankful every time I think how that all worked itself out.

Glad Himself will finally be able to come home. He must be SO sick of hospital life. I'm just sure he will improve in leaps and bounds once home. Now you on the other hand ... with a sicko on hand ... could get a little worn ... so get all the good stuff done ahead of time!

Janine said...

Glad that Himself is on the mend and will be coming home soon! Love the little windblown chickadee.