Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Windows

Blizzard nearly all day yesterday and in fact this morning it's still snowing.

I thought I'd go out and do a bit of shoveling while waiting for light to appear over the horizon and take the garbage down to the road for pick up.  I got the sled and put the bags of garbage on that to pull it down.  The snow was very deep.  As much as I dislike the snow, on my way I stopped and looked around me and the scene in the bit of light coming from the back porch was enchanting.   It was bewitching.   Took my breath away.   Trees all laden down with snow and snow over my knees on the pathway and deeper on most of the garden. 

There doesn't seem to be a storm going on by the look of this picture.   There was a very high wind whipping snow all around but this was a bit sheltered at the time.  I love the old wooden storm door that my father made for me many years ago.  It serves it's purpose well.





 Windows in the storm.











And now it's time to start clearing it away.



7 comments:

Victoria said...

OC, you and your fur babies stay warm! When it finally gets there, I bet you'll have a beautiful spring...

Blessings,

Victoria

Suz said...

I can't even think about snow anymore, ours has melted and I am over the moon with happiness...give me color give me flowers and a warm breeze
This too shall happen to you too..it will....Your cats a lovely and a great comfort to you
hang in there...it's on its way..it tis...SPRING

Tricia Ryder said...

Snow can be magical.... but not so good when it interferes with normal life..

Stay warm... spring is nearly here :)

The Quacks of Life said...

stay warm OC!!

Anonymous said...

My word, I am so glad that I don't have to deal with that, especially in mid March.

Alison said...

Spring is busting out all over the place here. Hope you see pavement soon and take care!

Ali

Roses and Lilacs said...

When we get a storm, the north and west sides of my house get snow plastered against the siding too. A really bad windstorm took my storm door two years ago so now I have a generic one from Lowes. Love the photos of the ferns and house plants silhouetted against the wintery sunlite. There is just something about green growing plants in a window with snow outside.