Friday, August 22, 2008

Hot and sunny, what a weekend it's going to be. Temperature now 34 C in the sun. Just came back from the store, came through the gate and up ahead of me the chickens were wandering around on the freshly mowed grass in the shade of alder and aspen trees murmuring contentedly. My heart filled with joy that I've been able to give them a good life.

My daughter and grandson are coming tomorrow. Didn't think I'd get to see him while he's here but they decided they could make it out for a visit. Next weekend is the long Labour Day weekend. After that there won't be many people around as tourists and summer people will be heading home. Not much happening really other than wandering around the gardens seeing what has to be moved next month. Just have to find spots for plants that need to be put in better spots for them. I'm in a bit of a quandary as whether to move the rose trees to the new bed I have prepared in September or wait until spring.

I took this picture of a finch and as it has some red on it's breast, I'm wondering if it's a young male starting to get it's red feathers. I'm afraid I don't know a lot about birds, maybe someone will be able to tell me. Click on for better view.



There are six Blue Jays back and forth all day long.




10 comments:

tiendalerolero said...

increible trabajo!!!!
*

oldcrow61 said...

Gracias danielita.

Cicero Sings said...

Love the contented sound of the chickens murmuring. No sound quite like it!

Glad you get to spend a day with daughter and grandson.

I can't believe that it will be Labour Day!!! I didn't even think of it until you mentioned it. Where HAS the summer gone!

Lovely pics. Like the last flower with its hints of yellow.

Tricia Ryder said...

I just love those blue jays OC :)

The Quacks of Life said...

was the sun meant to wind up jan? naughty oc.

bird is a Purple Finch most likely (so I'm told).

avalon said...

wonderful bluejays. Have a great time with your grandson tomorrow. 34 degrees whats that!!!

Juli said...

Coming here, greeted by the lovely toad, reading the soft words, seeing the beauty that surrounds us all, it always makes me smile :)

The Wessex Reiver said...

Great Blue Jays Oldcrow, they look in fabulous condition. 34 degrees eh? We're just happy the sun has at last poked through the clouds in the UK

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Hi!

Lovely pictures!

34 Celsius is normal midday temp. here in Malaysia.

Amila Salgado said...

It is 30-32 C these here at midday.
The Blue Jays are pleasing on the eye.