Tuesday, March 01, 2016

A Very Windy March 1st.

Here it is, March 1st. and I can't complain about this winter at all.   We had a few good snow falls but some lovely mild days as well.   Most of the snow has disappeared and I can't say I'm sad about it.   When we had the last heavy snow fall I found it was hard for me to clear the path and driveway.  This old body just can't seem to do as much heavy work as it use to.   So, being frustrated about it I ordered a small snow blower.   It arrived a couple of weeks later and I did get to use it one time, worked like a charm, and we haven't had any amount of snow since.   However, there's still time for lots more of the stuff.

My new helper.



Lots of birds around now.   I hear singing just at daybreak most mornings when I'm filling the feeders.   Makes me think that it will be an early spring.  Fingers crossed.






A couple of weeks ago for some reason I remembered a long light blue cotton fabric coat that my daughter had given me years ago.   She had painted some pictures on the back of it and only did so many on the left side of it.   I had shoved it to the back of the closet planning on some day when I would try my hand at finishing the painting.   I brought it out and had a look.   Then I bought some fabric paint and went to work.  I'm pleased with the result.   Laurie painted most of the left side and I finished the rest.


I'm off to Gander this morning to have blood work done at the hospital and then shopping.   We're to have some rain, glorious rain today.

2 comments:

Sondra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tricia Ryder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.