Sunday, March 11, 2012

March



I foolishly thought that spring was here until we got two snow storms in a row. It had been lovely with mild temperatures and bits of the ground showing up. Then we got this....


I know some of you winter people would be cheering and I agree that it looks pretty....for a while but I don't like it. The sun seems to be giving off considerable warmth now so I'm sure the snow won't hang around for too long. Mind you, there will be more of the white stuff yet to come but I don't expect it to last for very long. I guess I'm just over anxious to get out at the garden once again.

So here we are, a week later, and that scene doesn't exist anymore. The snow is slowly shrinking and it's started to look springlike again.

I've been trying to do some spring cleaning but it's been a slow process because I get waylaid by ie: getting some painting and painting the bedroom ceiling. On the weekend, I made red currant jam and an Irish Soda bread that himself has just about finished off.


Lots of birds taking advantage of the feeders these days.



Mouth stuffed with sunflower seeds.




Frankie wishing the snow would disappear.

Early morning sky.

8 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

So glad the white stuff is shrinking... and Frankie looks as though he'll be pleased when it's shrunk to nothing too....

I'm always amazed by the wonderful birds and the variety you get to your garden aka wildlife park... such beauties..

and not even a crumb of that rather delicious looking soda bread is left?

Anonymous said...

Found you again!

I don't know how you cope with all that snow. But I'd love to see all those birds in real life.

oldcrow61 said...

Toffee Apple, so nice to see you again.

Victoria said...

Great photos, OC, I especially like the one of Frankie. I hope the snow is gone quickly for you. I'm very happy today, though...we got over a foot of the white stuff! It probably won't last very long either.

CatHerder said...

I dont know how we did it, but we only got snow once..woo hoo. Blessed Ostara let Spring begin!!

Cicero Sings said...

We keep getting the white stuff too ... and after my driveway was clear and almost dry. Sigh. The yard and garden are still deep in the white stuff.

Unknown said...

I am thinking that we are going to get blindsided with an overdue winter storm. Either that or some devistating summer storms.

Alison said...

My relatives in Ontario and New Brunswick tell me it's been unseasonably warm lately. I understand the West is or was under blizzard warnings. I have friends along the U.S. east coast who say it's like Summer there this week. Crazy weather.

I remember snow at Easter isn't uncommon in New Brunswick, where I'm from. I hope your snow is gone soon. Spring is under there somewhere!

Ali