Monday, November 17, 2014

Cold Days Now.

Just came in from over in the woods.   Thought I'd try to scrounge up some fallen branches on the ground to use as kindling.  It's was just lovely there.   A sunny but crisp day.   I managed to bring back three armloads.  Enough to start the fire for a few days.  It's getting down to below zero some nights now so there can be a bit of a chill when first getting up in the morning. 

I got a phone call last night that there was a coyote seen not far from my house.   Thankfully all the cats were inside.    A bear was also sighted up behind me recently so caution must prevail at the moment.  

I haven't been taking many pictures lately.   Don't know why really.   Too busy to think about it I guess.   Anyway, here's a few that I did take. 











4 comments:

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

we're getting snow today.
love those blue jays.
keep warm and be safe when you're out and about.

Sondra said...

zero...a fire would certainly be a welcome addition--here we have a cold rain the kind of day I really don't like to venture out into..
Love your photos!!

Victoria said...

Below freezing nights - yes, a fire would be most welcome in the mornings! It's cold here, too, but horribly dry and windy. We're under a Red Flag (high wildfire danger) Warning. The photos are beautiful. Your blue jays are a much prettier blue than our Steller's Jays here in the west. Stay warm...and safe!

Blessings,

Victoria

Tricia Ryder said...

Not keen on winter.. hope it stays away as long as possible...

Lovely pics as usual... love the blue jays.

We seem to have berries everywhere this year which is great for the birds :D