Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jan. 12, 2008

Started on a diet Monday past. I've put on weight over the holidays and am making a concerted effort to get it off and get into my "small person" clothes. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I've lost anything. I've been really good all week and I think I have dropped a few pounds as I feel lighter and my step is lighter.

As I mentioned, I want to paint the kitchen a lighter, brighter colour. We are having a royal battle here over which colour would be best. Roger is stuck on a dark Orange and I'm thinking a light Sand. The kitchen is small so I thought a light colour would make it look a little bigger. It would be a big change from the dark Turquoise that's on the walls now. I guess I'll figure it out when I get to the paint shop and have a look at what they have.

I finally put up the lamp I bought for $1.00. The one that HE said was ugly when I bought it. He now thinks it's just wonderful, lol. I fondly call it "The Onion".

Jack Frost had been painting the kitchen door window a while back. If you look to the left you will see his hand as he was fleeing, lol.

Picture of two of our boys. These are the two kittens we adopted from the SPCA last year. All grown up now.

8 comments:

Jan said...

How about compromising with the kitchen paint and do two walls of each or one and three? I've got that in my kitchen. I wanted Dark orange, but once I did a couple of the walls, I realised it would make the room too dark, so I did a contrast with a warm yellow colour on the rest. I still love it, and had a few compliments too. I'll post a couple of pics on my blog for you to see what I mean!

Very handsome cats, how do you tell them apart! You could use them on the mantle as bookends. ;)

Oh, and I like the lamp. Roger has/had no taste!

oldcrow61 said...

Jan, what a brilliant idea. I never thought of that and it might just work. Will give it great consideration. The cats are almost twins, one has a bit of white on his nose and the other one has a bit more white on one paw.

The Quacks of Life said...

needs to be light

Anonymous said...

If your kitchen is small like mine, light paint would make it seem larger. Orange can be very darkening.
What beautiful cats, what are their names?

That lamp is stunning - for a dollar? Lucky girl.

I haven't seen Jack Frost's work since I left Wales, it seems he is busy in your part of the world, great picture.

Good luck with the weight loss, I keep trying to put some on - I need it.

oldcrow61 said...

Hey Toffeeapple, Thanks to Jans comment, my mind is working in a different direction. I agree that a lighter colour would make the room look bigger. I'm now thinking of painting the cupboards a darker colour and the walls light. The cats...these two are called Stanley and Frankie.

Anonymous said...

A word of warning - if you have wall cupboards and you paint them dark they will appear to intrude into the room.

I like the names of the cats.

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks for pointing that out to me Toffeeapple. You're right! Now I have to think of a wall, lol. I appreciate all suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!