Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jan. 16th., 2008

I was in the living room this morning and having finished cleaning, was wondering what to do with myself, when out of the corner of my eye, saw a large bird fly past the window. Looked out and there was a grouse on a tree up against the deck. I almost broke my neck trying to get my heavy coat and boots on and get outside. There were two grouse. One in the tree and one on the ground. Went way over my knees in snow to get the pictures of the grouse on the ground. It was well worth it though. They flew off after a few minutes. Also, the Evening Grosbeaks arrived so got a picture of them as well. Click on image to enlarge.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it was well worth the trouble you took, getting those shots. Thank you!

ST said...

Nothing to blog about a couple of posts ago, the atmospheric scenery apears. Now grouse ( very good), what else have you got hidden away it that dull place of yours. :-)
I love the two through the snow laden twigs.

Janine said...

Awesome shots!

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks guys. lol st, yes, every now and then a nice little surprise comes along.

The Quacks of Life said...

so jealous. lovely garden ticks and lovely photos as always

Jan said...

Cor, lovely!