Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ice and small Bergs

Went off looking for the part for the washing machine yesterday. Luckily we found a place that still sells parts as they apparently stopped making these machines 30 or 40 years ago. First thing we did on getting up this morning was to put the piece on and now she's humming beautifully. I was given some money for my birthday so bought a fountain. It's a lions head, the water pours out of it's mouth down into a bowl below his face. The water pump came with it with a few other pieces. Took it out of the box first thing fully intending to put it together. Ha, ha, ha. The instructions were like those manuals that most people can't figure out. I couldn't either. Disgusted, I shoved it all back in the box for another time. I bought two Emerald Cedars as well. Haven't a clue where I'm going to put them but the price was so good I couldn't resist.

Cold, overcast and damp here today. For all of you who are enjoying balmy weather, here are some pictures of small icebergs down off the beach. I nearly froze my hands off taking the pictures this morning.



Some of the ice that's come in.

7 comments:

Jan said...

Oh My God! That ice gave me the shivers just looking at it. However, if it makes you feel any better, yesterday we had pretty near torrential rain for about 12 hours, clear and sunny this am, but started again now, and I'm just about off to feed the lambs! And it's bloody cold here too, nothing like it should be for the beginning of May. I hope we aren't going to have a repeat performance of last years May. :(

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you have your wasshing machine back in operating order. Mine isn't wanting to stop at the end of the final cycle. It just keeps on going into whatever is next.

Sometimes I think they could make those instructions for putting things together a lot simpler than they do. Probably why men never read the instructions.

Hope you have your spring time soon.

Janine said...

Maybe a polar bear floated in on the iceberg? Seriously, that is very worrying, you should keep Roger inside. Good luck with your fountain, and happy belated birthday!

The Quacks of Life said...

flipping 'eck that looks cold!!

Anonymous said...

Making me shiver too!

The Wessex Reiver said...

What happened to global warming :-)

Just a return too of your Beltain blessings for today. Hope you had a wonderful time. BR

me ann my camera said...

Brrr.... looks cold but how lucky you are to have a beach. It must be a great place to walk when summer days finally get here.