Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Garden, Beach and other stuff.



This past two days have been wonderful weather wise so we thought it would be a good opportunity to put the first coat of paint on the outside of the new extension. I have to pick up another gallon of paint today to put on a second coat the next fine day. I also re-did the hens greenhouse area with new plastic a job in itself. Up and down the ladder, reaching, twisting, and ending up with an aching body. Then took the opportunity to mow the lawn. I have to grab hold of these nice days and do as much as I can.

I'm disappointed with the garden this year. I can only blame it on the weather and myself. I haven't gotten a chance to really work on it.





We went down to the beach a few days ago. It's only about a three minute walk from the house and seldom anyone on it which makes it lovely for a walk where you can contemplate on many things while listening to the waves lap the shore.



Little Freya enjoying the sun.

The little imp.


Birds.

And, last but not least....not for the faint of heart but I really couldn't resist.....Flies On Poop!

7 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

I'm so pleased to hear your words "wonderful weather" - it's been a long time coming. Your garden colour is lovely despite your comment about it not being its best this year.

and I see "little cutie" has managed another photo call ;)

(I rather like Pan....)

Andreae Callanan said...

It's lovely! I like the arbor in the first set of photos. And those beautiful peonies and roses! What a wonderful garden you have (even after our crappy spring).

The Quacks of Life said...

and a lovely set of pics oc!! do you see many birds at the beach?

Sondra said...

LOL that last shot is priceless..
Well its been too hot here to attend to the yard much more than run out to water on the days it does'nt rain and I have to cut the grass again this weekend--now that Im working again I find Im very stingy with my free time! THE shore looks great WOW I didnt realize you were so close to it--ENJOY...All your photos are Wonderful!!!

Victoria said...

I think your garden looks beautiful! Everything is so green and lush. And how lucky you are to live only three minutes away from such a beautiful, uncrowded beach.

Love the photos of Freya and the little imp.

I wouldn't have been able to resist taking a photo of the 'Flies on Poop' either...they have a wonderful iridescent shimmer! (The flies, not the poop, lol).

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks Tricia and Andreae.
Pete, I didn't see one bird at the beach although there are times when you can see eagles, loons, gulls, etc.
Sondra and Victoria, I'm glad you got a kick out of the last shot, lol.

Cicero Sings said...

Yes that last shat is a good one and would have been hard to resist taking. Glad you 'be been getting a stretch of good weather ... at last.