Friday, August 03, 2007

August 3rd.

Not much to report really. A very quiet life I lead. Overcast today and it has cooled down quite a bit. Feels a little like fall. My brother arrived in St. John's last night, he was suppose to arrive the night before but missed his connection and had to spend the night in New York. The airlines put him up in a hotel so guess it wasn't too bad. I was talking to him this morning and he's waiting for his luggage to arrive. He's hoping to get out here for a visit so am looking forward to that. My grandson arrived in the city two days ago, hoping they can get out for the weekend as well.

I'm all prepared in the event that everyone arrives at one time. Been cooking for two days, pizzas, garlic fingers, asparagus pastries, chili, etc. All frozen so it's just a matter of making salad to go with whatever. Hmmm, maybe I'll make a big pot of split pea soup and dumplings.

Found yet another wasps nest. That's four now I believe. Had to destroy that one as well as it's very near the back door.

After the heavy rain we had I took this picture of a wet little Nuthatch. Didn't realize their beaks were so long.


Saw this little bird asleep. Once he saw me there he flew off.

2 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

sleepy little bird looks Redpollish

hope your family gets out OC

oldcrow61 said...

Ah, was wondering what it was Pete. He seemed like a very young one.