Thursday, November 01, 2007

November 1st., 2007

My oh my, November 1st., where oh where has the year gone! Not much to report. Went to Gander on Tuesday and stocked up on cat food, cat litter, wild bird food and groceries. Also needed to get a new axe handle. Got all that done and headed home. Ran into blowing snow across the highway but wasn't long before we were out of it.

Yesterday morning we went to get some sacks of hens feed from the guy who keeps chickens and turkeys. Got out of the car and started walking up to his house when we saw him down his garden where he keeps all the birds, yelled and waved to him and he yelled out that he would be right up. I said to Roger, "Isn't that a bird he has on the table down there." He says that no it can't be. I say omg, he's plucking a bird. Then his wife comes out of the house and says he's killing the chickens down there. I nearly threw up....I couldn't speak, went to the car and got in. So the guy comes up and gets the feed from his garage, loads it in the car and Roger pays him. Normally we have a bit of a conversation as I bought my hens off him last year and he always asks how they are. I just couldn't speak to him I was so upset. Brought the feed home and when we got it in the house there was blood on one of the bags where he was handling it. I still can't get it out of my mind.

So, last night we had people in for a bit of a party. A good night with lots of conversation. Early this morning I was doing something on the computer, Roger in the bedroom. All of a sudden I heard a boom like a large piece of furniture had fallen over. A few minutes later Roger comes out of the bedroom and asks me if I heard the racket. He proceeds to tell me that he stubbed his toe on the corner of the bed, tried to grab onto something to steady himself, missed and went ass over kettle into the clothes closet ending up on his back...sigh!

So that's about it....took these pictures this morning.




4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

So was Roger

a) worse for wear
b) chased by wasps.
c) naturally clumsy

nice pics OC

oldcrow61 said...

Good question Pete. He does occasionally make the day a little more exciting, lol.

Jan said...

Roger does seem rather accident prone doesn't he? (trying hard not to laugh, but failing....)

Awful about the chickens. :(

oldcrow61 said...

lol, he does make life interesting at times.