Friday, December 14, 2007

December 14th, 2007

I've been Tagged by Pete

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Wrapping paper. I love wrapping gifts and adding baubles, beads and glitz although this year I didn't go through the trouble.

2. Real tree or artificial? - Artificial, I don't see the need to kill a tree if it's not necessary.

3. When do you put up the tree? - Usually just before the winter solstice but this year I put it up earlier. Just felt in the mood.

4. When do you take the tree down? - The day after New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? - I do like eggnog and brandy over the holidays but only have it when I can get the egg less kind of eggnog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? - This is going back a long way. I remember when dolls with rooted hair first came out. I wanted one desperately, I've always loved dolls, still do. I was over the moon when Santa brought me one. I adored her.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? - No

8. Hardest person to buy for? - Roger, he doesn't particularly like anything I get him.

9. Easiest person to buy for? -Me, just get me books, books and more books.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? - Well, I don't know if it was the worse gift but it was certainly the most disappointing. When I was quite young, just before Christmas my father was dropping hints as to what they were getting me. He would make dog sounds like "Woof, Woof", I was convinced they were getting me a puppy. Christmas Day arrived and there was a large stuffed toy dog under the tree. I don't think I've ever gotten over that.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? - Usually mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? - A Christmas Carol with Alister Simms. Very old but I've yet to see a better one.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - Hmm, about November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? - Not that I can recall.

15. Favorite thing to eat/drink at Christmas? - Chocolates and Irish Coffee.

16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? - Coloured.

17. Favorite Christmas song? - Don't have one.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? - Always stay at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? - Of course. I thought everyone could.

20. Angel on the tree top or a Star?- Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? - Morning.

No comments: