Friday, December 07, 2007

December 7th. Busy, busy!

Got the tree up and decorated, mantle decorated, and my Santa collection arranged. Now I have to find a place to put the xmas houses. Gifts are all bought, ones to be sent off are in the mail and most of the others are wrapped. Whew.....took me all morning! Still some more things to finish up but I've had enough of it for one day, will start again in the morning.

A little Chick a Dee hit the window yesterday morning. I ran out and it was lying there with wings spread and not moving. I gently picked him up and still very little movement. The only thing I could think of to do was to put him on the platform feeder which is high up from the ground. I didn't have much hope for him although I could see his neck wasn't broken but there was little life left it seemed. I kept checking on him and after about half an hour he flew off. What a relief. I guess he had been knocked out.

It's been a beautiful sunny day but chilly. No wind thank goodness. The chickens are disgruntled as they won't come out when there is snow down. Can't say that I blame them. They do have lots of room to go around in their green house section, still, I feel bad as they are use to being out and about.

I've been in a lot of pain with my shoulder and neck for three days. Don't know what I've done with it. The only thing I can think of is that I pulled something while trying to haul the ladder around the stacked wood to go up and clear the snow off the chickens roof.

The settings on my camera got buggered up when I was in the city last weekend. I won't go into why, enough to say I was not very happy. Back to the flippin manual. Well, after two days, I finally got it back to normal.

A few pictures of the "same old, same old".





December Sky.


6 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

great pics as always oc

Robbiegirl said...

How lovely! I always love to see bluejays, and the sky is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Why are your pictures always so good???

Amila Salgado said...

Blue Jay is such an adorable bird. You have beautiful birds over there. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I have linked to you in mine.

ST said...

May be the same o............
but it's very pretty
and that's a cracking jay

Mo said...

Lovely pictures as usual. I never tire of your blue jays. We often get birds flying into our window too. I usually keep an eye of them till they're OK. They usually recover after 15 minutes or so. Glad the chickadee was fine.