Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Weekend

Early Friday morning we set off for the hours drive to the big stores. Stocked up on bird seed and groceries. I bought a sunflower seed feeder, just what I need, another feeder, lol. I saw it was on sale so I couldn't very well let that go now could I. We decided then to go to the Dollar Store. This is a great store where every thing is a dollar and I like to pick up napkins and the odd bits and pieces. Roger spent time going through the cds and ended up buying one with Russian Tenor Zurab Sothilava singing Georgian and famous Russian Folk Songs. I've never particularly liked Russian Tenors but on hearing this guy, wow! His voice is enough to make you weep. Beautiful!

Saturday morning, although I kept saying I wasn't going to go, we headed off for the flea market. We got there about fifteen minutes before it was to open and there was a line up. Although it was snowing, nobody seemed bothered by it and were happy enough to stand outside and wait. Once the doors opened and we got inside it was packed with people. Could hardly get down the aisles. I got myself a great shoulder bag for one dollar, a coffee press..again one dollar and the cutest blue cooking pot for, I think, 25 cents. Not a bad morning at all.

Looking outside after supper last night I saw just the tail of a bird on the sunflower feeder. From the angle I saw it I thought it might be the first sparrow of the season. Went out and took a picture and it was this little cutie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you hit all of the bargains in the course of two days. The one indoor flea market that we have close to us agrevates me to no end. They deal in junk, yet they price every thing with antique prices.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I think we should start calling you the Dollar Queen! Well done, I love a bargain..

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hey 'Old Crow'
It's been a while since I've visited so I thought I would stop in for a short visit and say Hi..!!
Jo just bought a 50 lbs. bag of bird seed, should last a week or so, lol..
Have a great day..... JD