Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Back!

Arrived back from St. John's yesterday. It was one of the best times I've had there. Laurie had moved into a new house a few days before so we both spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday opening boxes and moving furniture, putting things away, all that sort of stuff. It being a three story house my legs got terribly stiff and wobbly going up and down with things. Slept like a log each night as we were pretty tired at the end of each day. However, we did make a dent in it and I was so happy to be there to help.

Tuesday I went to my parents as my brother was flying in from the states that night. He got in quite late so it was about 1:30 am before I got to bed. Very late for me. Eight o'clock the next morning I was still in bed and I heard my father say to my mother "I hope she's not dead in there, this is not like her at all." lol. So, I stayed with the parents until I came home yesterday. It was wonderful. Lots of laughs as my brother is very funny, with a dry sense of humor. My parents said they hadn't laughed so much in a long time and to have their two children under the same roof for a few days was the best thing that could have happened for them.

Roger kept the home fires burning while I was away. He lost four pounds while I was gone. I expect now that I'm back, that will change. I didn't get any time to go around and take pictures. Sorry Pete! I did take these of family.

Brother.

Parents reading papers. Checking out the flyers.


My 88 year old father having a drink. He's got more energy than all of us put together.

Lunch on Wednesday. My nephew and Laurie were there.


These are men I make. I haven't made any for years and these ones I gave my mother. I'm thinking I may get back into making them again over the winter.



10 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Sounds as though you had a thoroughly enjoyable trip OC and some wonderful "family" time.

The Quacks of Life said...

welcome back OC!!

no photos of the most important person though!!!

oldcrow61 said...

lol Pete, not a chance.

Cicero Sings said...

Happy to see you home again but I'm glad you had such a good and fun visit! Loved those figures you made. Loved too, seeing pictures of your Mither and Father and brother ... but none of yourself and himself?

So himself lost 4 pounds! Keep those portions small. D is down 4 pounds too but because of the cleanse.

Yoke, said...

hi crow; welcome back. Great to hear that you had such a good time. Seeing family can be wonderful, even more when there is quite some distance between us and the parents.

Hope the weather was not too bitter.
Love your "Men"

Lily said...

The figures are very clever and unusual, what are they made from?

oldcrow61 said...

Lily, the head and hands are made with bakers clay then I make a wire frame for the body, wrap filling used for stuffed toys around the wire, building the body, arms and legs up and wrap strips of material around that to make it solid. The strips are sewn on as I go. Then I think of a design for the clothes and bobs your uncle, lol.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I like your figures very much. I really believe you could have a nice cottage industry selling them on ebay. Of course, they would make great gifts for friends. Always meaningful to give handmade gifts.
Marnie

The Wessex Reiver said...

Can't believe your father is 88, looks in better shape than me at 44 !! Brings back nice memories hearing St Johns mentioned and reminds me I should go and visit my ex's parents, only 2 hours away and he was from St Johns, and talked fondly about living there.

oldcrow61 said...

BR, where is it your ex's parents live. Must be near here if it's two hours from the city. Would love to know what you thought of it all here, lol.