Friday, May 30, 2008

Sunny Thursday

I couldn't figure how I could take a picture of the Grey Jay eating from my hand and as Roger doesn't know how to use my camera I had given up on the idea. I mentioned this to a friend who came up with the brilliant idea of me taking a picture of the Jay eating out of Rogers hand...duh! I think I'm losing it!! I can't believe that I didn't think of this myself. So, taking this advice I took these pictures yesterday.



I remember when they use to come around a few years ago, they would bring their babies. The babies are all black and the first time I saw them, not knowing much about birds, still don't, I was telling everyone about the baby crows coming around, lol. Of course it didn't take me long to figure out what they really were. I figure if they're coming around again now, they will bring their young once again.

It was a lovely day yesterday. We spent most of the afternoon sitting outside watching the activity at the feeders.

8 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

the person is obviously a genius ;)

oldcrow61 said...

lol, that person certainly is Pete.

Tricia Ryder said...

Amazing picture OC - great to have such a tame bird :)

Jan said...

How lovely it is when a wild creature trusts you enough to feed that close, very envious, only happened once very fleetingly with my Robin, Bouncer. Such a thrill. Still I will have those mice taking food from my hand before long I reckon....:oD

Janine said...

Aww thats so cute. Looking forward to seeing pics of the babies if they come round- since the parents trust you they will probably bring them along to the buffet ;)

Anonymous said...

I am truly envious of you now! What a privilege.

The Wessex Reiver said...

Nice stuff old crow even if you struggled to get there. Lovely seeing birds feed from the hand and what better way to spend an afternoon. Did you know that in wildlife filming sometimes a human dummy is used, the wildlife get used to the dummy over time then replace this with a person in the same position, hey presto a cracking wildlife shot. Not that I'm saying Roger is a dummy of course :-)

Amila Salgado said...

How clever!