Friday, May 15, 2009

Beluga Whale Evening

I was having a lovely bath last night after a hard days work when the phone rang. Himself answered and yelled that it was our friends calling saying there was a Beluga Whale down by the fish plant. Well, there was nothing for it but to grab the camera and set off. That's after getting dried and dressed of course. lol.

We met the friends there and they had taken pictures prior to our arriving. I only got one picture before it swam off.

My friend trying to get it to bring it's head above water. It's very friendly and will play with people.

It obviously saw or heard this barge going off with left over crab processing stuff.

The whale was there as the men slowed the barge down and were looking into the water for some time.


We then came back here for a coffee when all of a sudden there was a crow attacking a raven. The raven was at least twice the size of the crow but you can't tell from the picture. Like a friend said once, "They're as big as dogs." , lol

These are just a few of the pictures my friends husband took.



16 comments:

Jan said...

Oh wow, that's amazing OC you lucky thing to get that close to one. Is it still hanging round your bay do you know, maybe it will be back and you can get some more pics.

oldcrow61 said...

Jan, yes, he's been hanging around. You never know, I may be able to get more pics.

Tricia Ryder said...

Oooooh - how exciting to have a visiting whale (and a fighting raven and crow too!!)! Glad to hear you dried and dressed first however! :D

Utterly amazing and great that you got to see it "for real" OC. Fingers crossed he'll visit again to pose for more pictures.

Hilary said...

this is awesome nana! what a fabulous thing to have happen...not many people can testify to having seen one this close in the wild!
Cant wait to see you!
Hils

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful! Do you get whales in your area very often?

BTW, sorry but I had this image in my head of you, starkers, running down the road to get a photo of the whale...LOL!!!

Ali

oldcrow61 said...

Tricia and Ali, lol, yes I had myself pictured taking off down the road naked after I wrote that the way I did.

Hils darling, I can't wait to see you.

The Quacks of Life said...

well cool oc

Amila Salgado said...

How cool it is to see it that close! I hope your dragons (darners I mean) have returned.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Very exciting! I would have been thrilled to see one so close!
Hope you see it again!

oldcrow61 said...

Galllicissa, I haven't seen any dragons yet. Hopefully soon.

Janine said...

Thats amazing!! Great photos too.

Stewart said...

Oh man Oc, that is your best yet. What a tremendous thing to see...

Juli said...

A most excellent Blessing !! And thanks to you I feel almost as blessed just seeing the pictures :)

many jujus for it's safety !

ST said...

Your beluga, matches the bear in the garden post a while back.
I'm now dark green.;)

Yoke, said...

Wow! Me green? A Raven and Beluga; I really love the pic of the Crow attacking the Raven.

You must have been thrilled yourself.
Great to get your own shot of the whale yourself. Don't you love that expressive snout?

Bimbimbie said...

What a brilliant day you had ... lucky you*!*