Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blue Skies Smilin at Me........

What a weekend we've had. Sunny and warm. We had some friends here yesterday afternoon for wine, iced tea and snacks on the deck. It was a grand afternoon. In fact it got so hot we had to get umbrellas for a couple of people. The birds were about and at one point there was an eagle circling overhead. Although I got the camera out, it was much too high up to get a good shot. This morning himself asked me if I had gotten any pictures of the friends that were here.....erm, I never think of taking pictures of people. As you can see from these pictures, the sky was a beautiful blue.




Today I've been busy in the garden. Trying to get more weeding done and I'm starting to see some day light shinning through. What seemed like such an awesome task a few weeks ago is now looking like I've made strides. A friend phoned and asked if I wanted some asparagus roots. I said yes and now have them planted. Then I saw a white butterfly so ran inside to get the camera and was following it around for ages wishing it to land. In fact I was so intent on keeping an eye on it while walking behind it that I ran smack into a rose bush. Good thing I had long sleeves on as the thorns were stuck to my arms. It finally landed a couple of times and I managed some shots. Also got a picture of a fly. Not sure but it might be a hover fly.



8 comments:

Sondra said...

You and I have the same problem I very rarely come back with photos of people, mostly because people dont hang around in trees..maybe if they did, they would be more interesting..lol
Very nice photos!

Tricia Ryder said...

Fantastic pictures OC! The birds against that bright blue sky are just wonderful; worthy of pictures on the wall.

And a flutter.. you're having much better weather over there than we're having - rain and strong winds.

And watch out for rose bushes - they bite back!

Anonymous said...

That blue sky is glorious!

Ali

Roses and Lilacs said...

I have not seen the first butterfly this spring but I do have hummingbirds. I've done the same thing while trying to photograph butterflies/flowers--gotten tangled in a rose;)
Marnie

The Quacks of Life said...

is the world wonderful when the skies are blue?

Cicero Sings said...

I hardly ever remember to take pictures of people either! People are more uncooperative than butterflies! Lovely blue skies.

Neat that you could see the beluga ... I'd gotten out of the tub for such a sighting myself and I love my baths.

I'm way behind on reading my blogs and commenting. Mingus is keeping me on the GO!

Jan said...

Lovely shots OC, nice to see some blue sky, forgotten what it looks like here. :(

Amila Salgado said...

Wow, the last capture is such a gorgeous one! Looks like the spring is there to stay.