Monday, May 04, 2009

Busy Weekend

I finally got a good two days out in the garden. The body is a wreck but heigh ho, isn't that what it's all about, lol. It's so good when you can look back on a days work and feel satisfied that it was well worth it.

It's been a frustrating number of days with regards to the computer. It was taking so long to get to any of the blogs I read that I just gave up. I found out that it was the server I use but they now seem to have things fixed up and everything is back to normal.

Last week Roger had to have a tooth pulled. Not that it was bad, the problem was that there was an infection around the root and it wouldn't clear up with antibiotics. So, out it came! He's very nervous about himself when he has something wrong which I have to say drives me mad at times. He's had me check out his mouth three times a day with a flashlight and magnifying glass. Then this morning he weighed himself as he does every Monday morning and saw that he had lost three pounds. He was sitting at the kitchen table figuring he had some dreaded disease when it struck him that it was probably because of the pain he was in with the tooth and he wasn't doing his daily walks.

I've just finished washing the laundry and put a pair of summer pants, beige in colour in with a bit of bleach.....they are now pink! I'm now off to the great outdoors.

White Throated Sparrow.



This flutter??? is fairly small and while it looks white in the photo, it was a pale blue when flying around.


My friend the Crow.

12 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

A vision of OC gardening in the summer in pink pants/trousers! :)

Sorry to hear about Roger - toothache = not eating = loss of weight too.

That's a handsome white throated sparrow with the yellow patch above the eye!

Anonymous said...

What is it with men and illness? They either refuse to acknowledge anything could possibly be wrong with them or they're at death's door. One extreme or the other! LOL! I hope he's 100% again soon.

Gorgeous photos as always.

Ali @ Holiday Hollow

oldcrow61 said...

lol Tricia, what a sight I'll look.
Ali, yes, aren't men strange, lol.

flydragon said...

The only time I don't mind the old bones aching is when I manage to get a lot of yard work done. Doesn't happen often though:))

Stewart said...

Not sure about your nice butterfly OC, its like our Holly Blue but paler. our Holly Blues don't have that zigzag line either...an American Field Guide is called for. Love the WT Sparrow. I've seen one just like yours over here in the UK, one of my best ever birds.

oldcrow61 said...

Stewart, I've been looking at my butterfly book and it looks like a Spring Azure.

Roses and Lilacs said...

We still have a few white throats and white crowns here. Expect they'll be leaving soon for places farther north. We have an Indigo Bunting too. Can't seem to get a good photo, he is a very shy fellow. Bad luck about the pink pants;)

We expect more rain tonight, Wed and Thurs. Hard to find some dry time to garden.
Marnie

Cicero Sings said...

I've been trying to break into the gardening sloooowly .... so I can still move at he end of the day ... and the next day and the next.

I've come to the conclusion that guys aren't very good with pain.

The pine siskins descended yesterday on the feeders ... en masse. Piggly wigglies that they are.

Anonymous said...

You've been nominated, should you care to accept. Please go here to see;

http://www.moongardenblends.co.uk/?p=110

Ali

Goosey said...

I think that little sparrow is way prettier than our little brown ones here in the UK. Nice blog, I'm enjoying looking at it

Nan and =^..^= said...

Glad your computer is back to normal and that you also got to spend time in the garden... the white throated sparrows have been in our garden in great numbers recently, too! They are beautiful with their little speck of yellow to go along with the yellow in the garden!

Nancy said...

I've been working for months in my garden as well - nice blog!