Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14th.

I've been trying to put a flippin slide show of Ducks on here this morning but have been messing it up every time I try. I've clicked on every bloody thing I can find to try to figure it out. I now give up!!!!

Cold again today so that alone has me in a bad mood. I figured the best thing to do was to go up to the green houses and buy something to fill in an area where I had bulbs planted that didn't come up. I came away with six Teddy Bear Sunflowers. Yesterday I bought a dozen and a half very nice annuals to put in a spot that was bare. The chickens were driving me mad while I was digging, with the thoughts of worms in their little heads no doubt. Finally got the plants in the ground and put a chicken wire fence around the whole lot until they get established. Well.....an hour later I checked on the plants and the hens had beaten down the fence and the plants. I could have cried. I can only say that the air was black with the thoughts that were going through my head. I re-built the fence so am now hoping it will hold up.

I now have the sunflowers in the ground....for how long I don't know. Must go out and check. The feathered creatures could have them tossed hither and yon by now.

5 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

will chat in chat !!

oldcrow61 said...

Okay Pete.

Jan said...

Aww, chickens, doncha just love 'em ;)

oldcrow61 said...

lol Jan, there was no love flowing yesterday I can tell you.

Karen said...

Such a shame after your hard work.