Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 23rd.

It's been raining here all week. Everything is soaked. It did clear yesterday afternoon and I tried to do some weeding but alas it was just too wet. While outside I saw two bees on flowers so dropped everything and ran for the camera. Okay, I'm new at taking pictures of small stuff, so got all excited. I did take a moment to tell myself that there would be lots of opportunities to get pictures of bees as summer was coming on.....nah! gotta do it now. Shovel, gloves, clippers went flying as I raced to the house for the camera. (click on pics. to enlarge.)





Rain drops on Dandelion fluffs:

My stream. It sings after a heavy rain.



A pathway of Buttercups through part of the garden.

7 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

round of applause

Jan said...

Lovely, the raindrops on the dandelions are beautiful. You got me singing My Favourite Things now though! (Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens... ) I know, I'm losing my mind.

Anonymous said...

Great pics mom. you can feel the heaviness in the air.

oldcrow61 said...

Thanks both of you. Nah Jan, your not losing your mind, lol.

ST said...

All that fiddling is working.
Oh how i would love a stream.

nicola said...

fantastic oc!!!!

Mo said...

Congrats on the bee photos. It's harder than it looks to capture them. And I love the raindrops on the dandelion too.