Friday, June 15, 2007

June 15th.

Yesterday the weather turned glorious after lunch. Back to summer conditions once again, and suppose to be beautiful all weekend...whoo hooo! I heard on the radio that there were a lot more black bears on the go this year than last. Fortunately we haven't had any around this house so far this season. Apparently, in a community very near here, one killed a dog and another got into someones house. This is always a worry at certain times of the year. Although, I must admit, it's a lovely sight to see one of these beautiful creatures sitting in the herb garden munching away, but not something you want to fool with.

While in the city last weekend I took some pictures of the colourful houses in the old part of town. They are often referred to as "Jelly Bean" houses because of the bright colours. These are just a few of the many.





This is my daughters house. It's over a hundred years old and one of the first ones built in the area.

4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

remind me to take some photos of "jeally bean" houses here for you

oldcrow61 said...

Would love to see them Pete.

Karen said...

Lovely streets full of character. Bears close by would be scary but wonderful too. I think they are amazing animals though of course they need to be treated with great respect! (I would just love to get a photo of one)

oldcrow61 said...

lol, In one way I've been hoping one will come around so I can get a picture but on the other hand it's a worry when they are. When I think of the great pictures I could have gotten this past few years as they were right by the deck sometimes but didn't have a camera at the time.